Thursday, August 27, 2009

2 weeks old

Keith was 2 weeks old on Monday which is when he had an appointment. He is looking good and is already 8 lb. 10 oz. and 21 1/4 inches long. He's gained 1 lb. 2 oz. and a little over 2 inches. He eats a lot and I mean a lot. However, he has a lot of gas as well. It even wakes him up sometimes, because he is filled with so much gas. His doctor said that it's something that I'm eating and I'm going to have to figure out what it is and not eat it anymore or at least while I'm nursing. This means that he'll wake up sometimes a half hour after I lay him down, which at night means I don't get much sleep. He eats every 2-3 hours all day and night as it is and you add in the gas and I don't sleep very well.

Daddy's little rocker

Kaitlyn is taking it very well and seems to really like her little brother. She gives him kisses and says that he's cute all the time. She also seems to be becoming more interested in using the potty now, which is a little odd since she hasn't wanted to use the potty at all the past couple of months. I just feel bad, because she'll ask me to use the potty while I'm nursing Keith and can't help her at the time.

Duke has become hyper protective which is good and bad. It's good that he feels he needs to protect us more with the baby in the house, but bad because he barks at every little sound it seems. I guess it's a good thing that Keith doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

Jordan is busy with work, which is good since we need the money, but it's also a little frustrating, because all summer long work had been a little slow, but now that we have a baby it picks up, a lot. So, I'm home by myself all day long and we've hardly had a chance to talk since we came home from the hospital. I'm not even sure what's going on any more.

Good news in getting rooms finished though. Jordan should be able to move all of his stuff down into his room after this weekend. I'm hoping to get Keith's room painted this weekend too. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: