Keith is now 2 months old and we had a doctor appointment today. He is 12 lbs. even and 24 inches long. He's in the 50th percentile for his weight and the 90th for his height. He was supposed to get shots today, but they didn't have something so that he doesn't have to get as many shots, it's something that combines them. Otherwise, he'd be getting poked like 7 times. So, now we have to go back a little later in the week and just get shots.
Kaitlyn went to the doctor with us and she actual
ly impressed the doctor with her recognition of animal butts. There was a poster in the exam room that had different animal butts on it, some sort of second hand smoke poster. She started naming the animal butts while the doctor was in the room. She had asked me a question just before Kaitlyn started naming them off and she had forgot what she had asked.
He's been doing pretty good. He still "talks" quite a bit and has even added a few more sounds to his vocab. Also, he's rolled over from his belly to his back a few times. If he's on his belly and gets mad he'll even manage to get his knees under himself and then face plant. It does manage to move him around a little bit, but it looks like it hurts.
I did switch him to formula, and thankfully his gas has gotten better. He still eats like he's not on formula. The kid just eats and eats and eats. He does get some sleep in there somewhere too. He's still a pretty happy little guy, unless he's not getting a bottle fast enough.
Kaitlyn's doing good and still trying to find ways to get into trouble. I also can't get seem to get her to understand the meaning of "brother is sleeping and we need to be quiet". It just passes right over her head. Also, we're trying to get her to understand that she needs to be nice to Duke and that he doesn't always want to play with her.
Jordan's getting ready for elk hunting. They leave on Wednesday and luckily for him there's been snow, snow, and more snow. There's probably over a foot up in the area where they hunt. He's going up with family and friends for about a week. I'm going to be alone with two very young kids and a dog who acts like a small child for a week. I'll let you know if everyone survives. I'm really hoping that he does manage to bring something home this year. We didn't have any elk last year and we had to buy more meat. Plus I like the fact that elk isn't any where near as fatty as beef.
ly impressed the doctor with her recognition of animal butts. There was a poster in the exam room that had different animal butts on it, some sort of second hand smoke poster. She started naming the animal butts while the doctor was in the room. She had asked me a question just before Kaitlyn started naming them off and she had forgot what she had asked.He's been doing pretty good. He still "talks" quite a bit and has even added a few more sounds to his vocab. Also, he's rolled over from his belly to his back a few times. If he's on his belly and gets mad he'll even manage to get his knees under himself and then face plant. It does manage to move him around a little bit, but it looks like it hurts.
I did switch him to formula, and thankfully his gas has gotten better. He still eats like he's not on formula. The kid just eats and eats and eats. He does get some sleep in there somewhere too. He's still a pretty happy little guy, unless he's not getting a bottle fast enough.
Kaitlyn's doing good and still trying to find ways to get into trouble. I also can't get seem to get her to understand the meaning of "brother is sleeping and we need to be quiet". It just passes right over her head. Also, we're trying to get her to understand that she needs to be nice to Duke and that he doesn't always want to play with her.
Jordan's getting ready for elk hunting. They leave on Wednesday and luckily for him there's been snow, snow, and more snow. There's probably over a foot up in the area where they hunt. He's going up with family and friends for about a week. I'm going to be alone with two very young kids and a dog who acts like a small child for a week. I'll let you know if everyone survives. I'm really hoping that he does manage to bring something home this year. We didn't have any elk last year and we had to buy more meat. Plus I like the fact that elk isn't any where near as fatty as beef.
I'll post again after the hunting week, that is if I survived.
No comments:
Post a Comment