
Keith is now five months and "brother's so cute!" Still. He's gotten to be so big. He is now 17 lbs 2 oz and 27 1/4 inches. He wears 6-9 month clothes and has his first tooth. He smiles and laughs at Kaitlyn a lot which is really cute. Last night Kaitlyn was singing about her Chicken Noodle Soup and Keith was in his Bumbo seat just laughing at her. I hope they get along relatively well when he's older.

Keith has also started on veggies today. I would have waited a little longer to start him on veggies, but he would eat a little of his cereal and then be done and he would spit half of it out. Well, with the added squash this morning he ate more and spit out less. I don't think he liked the taste of plain cereal.
We also got out the Jumperoo that Kaitlyn loved so much and he really seems to like it as well. He turns himself around in it even to play with all the toys or watch sports, which ever. He even feel asleep in it the other day. I gave him his blankie in it so he'd be calm for a second so I could finish what I was doing and when I was done and went to get him he was out. He didn't sleep for very long but when he awoke he just started playing. Silly boy.
He still won't roll over any more, not sure what that's all about. I almost have a feeling he's going to be one of those babies that walks before they crawl just because he loves to be standing or in the standing position. He can almost sit by himself, still just a little wobbly.
He has been talking a lot lately and can say "ama" just need to get him to put an "m" before that and he'll have "mama" down. He'll sit there and open and close his mouth while he watches me or daddy talk sometimes, trying to copy us. There are also times where I'm not quite paying attention and it sounds like he actually says something, but then I wasn't listening properly so I can never be sure.

Kaitlyn is doing good. She's becoming more and more sure of herself in the bathroom. She'll announce that she needs to go and then go into the bathroom by herself, shuting the door behind her, and use the potty. She also likes to show off her butt, which I'm hoping is just a phase and doesn't continue as she goes to school. The other night I was changing Keith and getting him ready for bed and I asked Kaitlyn to pick out some jammies for herself. I hear her mumbling something behind me and so I turn around to see Kaitlyn bent over, her undies pulled down just past her butt and her saying, "Look Momma, it's my butt!" What do you say to that. I had to turn around and laugh a little bit. I asked her again to get some jammies and thankfully she went.

Duke managed to create a small bald spot on his head. I was doing dishes one night and heard this "THUD!" come from the other room. Jordan was in there with the kids and I thought Kaitlyn had done something (it's not unusual for her to be the source of some large sound). So I walk into the other room wondering why Jordan didn't say something about the sound. I asked him if that was Kaitlyn and he told me it sounded like something fell on the stairs. Not knowing what it could have been I go check the stairs (Kaitlyn was playing quietly on the floor this whole time and Jordan was holdind Keith). I couldn't see anything that may have been the source of the sound. That's when I notice a sizeable chunk of the wall on the floor. We have a half wall that extends up most of our stairwell leading upstairs. This chunk had come from the corner of that wall and there was a dent put in it on the opposite side of the corner from the now missing chunk. There also happened to be a tuft of hair stuck in the dent. I called Duke over, and sure enough there was a chunk of hair, fortunately that's all it was, missing from his head. I have two theories: 1. Duke saw a ghost and tried to turn and high-tail it off the stairs, or 2. Duke was taking his ball, which happened to be on the small landing before the stairs, upstairs and dropped it, turning to grab it without realizing where he was. Only Duke knows what really happened. Other than the missing hair Duke is doing well and seems to be getting about cabin fever like the rest of us.
It has been really cold here for quite a while and when I say cold I mean barely getting above zero degrees most days. I'm looking forward to the heat wave that is supposed to be coming our way. We'll be above freezing and in the 40's. I can't wait!
Jordan's going goose hunting for the last time this season on Wednesday thru Sunday. Hopefully he'll bring some home since we are running low. We've been eating a lot of goose lately. Jordan really likes the maple smoked goose breast hash that I make. It's like corned beef hash, but you substitue smoked goose for the corned beef. It is a lot better than the junk from the can that Jordan loves so much. I can't stand the canned stuff.
Thank you Aunt Sissy for making this for Keith, it turned out great!
Happy Birthday Bryan!! Hope you have a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment