Jordan and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary last Friday. We gave the kids to Grama and Papa and got the "hell outta Dodge". We drove down to Denver for a couple of days for a much needed break and time together. I'm not so sure I would stay in downtown Denver again though.
We stayed in the Warwick hotel in downtown Denver. There is absolutely no parking and considering we took Jordan's big ol' truck there was barely enough room to drive the truck down the street. Fortunately the hotel has valet parking. The room was pretty nice though, as was the restaurant attached to the hotel. We ate breakfast there and one dinner, just because we were tired of dealing with the traffic and didn't want to have to search for a place to eat. Great sweet potato chips.
We did eat at Rodizio's Grill Friday night, which is a wonderful Brazilian grill where they bring around giant skewers of meat and slice you off some. They also have a really good salad bar. Oh, and the grilled pineapple is to die for. I'm not sure what they put on it, if anything, but it is amazing!
Saturday we slept in. Ahhhhh. It was wonderful. Moseyed on down to the restaurant for some breakfast and then headed off to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. There is a Body Worlds exhibit featuring the heart there right now. I didn't really get to look at the one in Wichita very well since Kaitlyn was with us and she didn't want to be there apparently. It was amazing. The body's and the way they are positioned are truly beautiful and amazing. There was one piece that was a little difficult to look at. There was a slice of brain that had, quite obviously, a massive stroke. It hit close to home.
We also looked around at some of the other exhibits, the dinosaurs, of course. There were also a couple of mummies, or egyptian coffins I should say. Still interesting, but not as cool as Tut's sarcophagus, which is going to be in Denver at the end of the month. I was bummed. I told Jordan we're going to have to make another trip to Denver before January to see it. Thank heavens it will be down there for six months.
After the museum we went to the Wynkoop for a late lunch, it's a local micro brewery that has some really good food. Could have also gone upstairs and played a little pool, but Jordan wanted to go to the Bass Pro before it got real late.
We got a little lost trying to find the Bass Pro Shop. Finally found it and they didn't really have anything that Jordan was looking for. Right by it there is also a little outdoor shopping center that we walked around. Didn't really find anything, but wasn't really looking to do a whole lot of shopping either.
Made it back to the hotel and had a little dinner at the restaurant, then retired up to our room for one more night of R&R before heading back home.
The next day slept in again one last time, then we came home. It was so nice to just get away for a while. I wish we would have had a little more time to do a couple more things, but we didn't want to shove a bunch of stuff in and then not really relax. All in all it was a good trip.
I know I'm probably supposed to reflect on our five years together, but I'm not really in a reflective type of mood. I will say that after nine years of being together and five years of marriage and two beautiful children, we couldn't ask for more (except maybe a finished basement). Jordan is a wonderful husband and father and makes sure we have everything we need and then some. I know we'll be looking forward to many more wonderful years together.
1 comment:
Wow! I can't believe it has been 5 years already! Congratulations! We love you guys!
Post a Comment