Sunday, August 15, 2010

Party Time!!


Keith had a great first birthday party yesterday.  We had hot dogs and burgers, salads, watermelon and of course the cake and ice cream.  He loved it.  Got a little cranky after sitting in his highchair for too long, but then the cake came so that made things much better.  He was surprisingly clean eating his cake.  I didn't even have to give him a bath afterwards, just wiped him down.  He got lots of presents and there are now enough pushing/riding toys for both the kids without having to fight (I hope). 

Family came over to help us celebrate:  Grandma and Grandpa Jackson (nursery rhymes book); Grama and Papa (brought gifts earlier in the week); and, Bryan, Chelsey, Hannah, and Hayden (trucks book and toy trucks).  Grandma and Grandpa Sessions sent some clothes, Grandpa and Grandma Dunsmoor sent a push/riding toy, Kaitlyn got him a sort the shaped blocks set, and Jordan and I got him a little singing/talking Fisher-Price basketball toy.  The kids all played together for a while and helped Keith open his presents.  Maybe they opened them all for him.  Keith was too interested in playing with the shredded wrapping paper.  By the time it was all said and done Keith was more than ready for bed.  Thank you to everyone who came or sent gifts and happy wishes for another year.








Keith did have a doctors appointment on Thursday and passed with flying colors.  He did have to get "pokeys", which is never fun and they also drew some blood for a lead levels test.  It was nice that they did that since Jordan works around lead a lot when casting and reloading, but we're very careful to keep the kids out of it and away from it.  The test came back low which was good to know.  He is now 22 lbs. 8 oz. and is 30 inches long from what I measure since the nurse didn't write it down.  He isn't walking just yet, but loves to push around things that have wheels, whether it's one of the now many push/riding toys, Kaitlyn's bike, car, or stroller.  And is this boy a talker.  He jibbers a lot!  He even woofs now too.  The new book we received at the doctors is about baby animals and while we were sitting waiting for the doctor to come in we were looking through it.  Of course there was a puppy in it.  Keith sees the puppies and says "Du....awoo, woo, woo".  It was sooooo cute. 

That same day we got a new Sushi.  I think I forgot to mention that in my last blog that Sushi had died.  He wasn't doing good for a while and I tried some things Sis had suggested.  The next morning, however, Sushi was no more.  So, we finally got a new one.  Kaitlyn helped pick him out and I'm proud to say that he is a Gator fan, always wearing their colors.  I call him Albert, but Kaitlyn says he's Sushi, so we now have Sushi II aka Albert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love technology! So glad that I could see the video! He didn't get very messy and I was thinking...that kid gets more messy eating his baby food then his birthday cake. Looks like he got spoiled and will have lots of toys. The kids were a BIG help, helping him open his presents! Glad to see it was a great party! I will call when we get back and theings slow down! Love you guys!