Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Busy, busy Holidays!

I know I should have posted sooner, but what can you do sometimes.  Thanksgiving went well.  Of course I forgot the camera, so no photos from then.  Sorry.  We went over to Grama and Papa's for turkey with all the fixin's.  Yummy!

The day after we decorated the house and the Christmas tree.  Kaitlyn loved it she had been bugging me all month to decorate the tree and I kept telling her not until after Thanksgiving.  Let me deal with one holiday at a time ya know?  This year has felt more like Christmas than in previous years.  Maybe because Kaitlyn's now old enough to really get excited for it too.  Who knows? 
Kaitlyn wearing the tree skirt
Notice only half of the tree is decorated because of the little mister

The kids admiring the tree


Jordan and I gotall of our Christmas shopping done early this year which is a shocker.  Usually we're scrambling to finish.  Thankfully not this year. 

I have been a whirl wind in the kitchen, baking up a storm.  I've made cookies and fruitcake (I don't like it but Jordan really does), gingerbread houses and more cookies.  I really love baking this time of year, even though I get a little stressed sometimes.  We decorated the gingerbread houses last night at Chelsey's house.  The kids loved it.  Keith was taking bites of the candy before putting it onto his house, but it did get decorated in the end.  Gingerbread marshmallows - try them if you get a chance.  They are good!
Notice the bulging cheek, someone was sneeking candy

Kaitlyn was being very precise in her candy placement

Kaitlyn, Hannah, and Keith's Houses (Keith's is the front house on the left)
The Reindeer cookies Kaitlyn and I spent a whole day making.  Most went to family.


Kaitlyn has her own little tree this year that we've been using as an advent calendar.  She gets an ornament everyday to put on the tree.  She does not neglect to remind me in the morning that she needs to put a new ornament on her tree.  I'll put a picture of her tree on the blog when it's done.  Lights, star, and all.

Now, that I'm all done, the packages for family are sent out, all the Christmas shopping is done, and preschool is over until the New Year, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself now.  Probably nothing, I don't do enough nothingness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those reindeer cookies look delicious! I too love to bake this year, but Quintin has told me to stop because we have so much goodies and really no one to eat them. So this year, I've been modeate with baking!

DMLovoi said...

Glad that you had a good holiday season.