Well, finally something has happened around here that is blog worthy. My family came up to visit us for Easter and it was so great to see everyone, even if it was for just a short time. Dad and Carolyn came up on Friday shortly after Sis and Daniel had arrived. We all hung out, ate lots of food, and enjoyed each others company.
We also dyed Easter eggs at home for the Easter bunny to hide in the morning. Kaitlyn had some fun with that. Though I will say that the Paas cups are cool but the dye tablets aren't labeled as to color and for most of them it wasn't clearly obvious as to what color they were. So, only two of the five colors ended up in the right cup and Kaitlyn being who she is had to tell me that they were in the wrong cup. Sorry Kaitlyn, but Mama couldn't tell what was what.
There was an egg hunt in the morning and several broken shells. Actually, I don't think one egg came away unscathed. No matter, they became deviled eggs later. Keith wasn't real interested in searching for the eggs, but Kaitlyn had fun. She even posed for a picture. I was trying to get a picture of her reaching for an egg off the vacuum, and I said "Oh, wait." Well, Kaitlyn had put the egg in her basket already, but she quickly pulled it back out and held it back in position with a smile. She's so funny sometimes.
Dad and Carolyn had to leave that morning, but Sis and Daniel stayed one more day leaving on Monday. I always wish the family can stay longer and after everyone leaves the house feels too quiet. Then the kids start screaming and fighting with each other, bringing me back to reality that quiet isn't such a bad thing.
In other news, Kaitlyn is finished with preschool for this year. I'm hoping she can get into the Pre-K program that the state provides. She has a test for it in a couple of weeks, so we'll see how things go. If, for some reason, she doesn't get in I'm not sure what I'll do with her. By now all of the preschools will have filled up I'm sure.
Keith is saying more and more. "I got it", "What's that?", and "it hurt" are the most used. I'm still amazed at how he tells me when it's time to nap of sleep. I have to say that I am sooooo happy that I have never had any problems with getting my kids to go to sleep.
Kaitlyn, also got a big bed, which she must love because she sleeps longer in the morning. The bed frame isn't in yet, so she's on a mattress on the floor. Aunty Sissy took her crib/toddler bed when she came to visit, since we don't need it at the moment and she's going to need it in a few months.
Some sad news, my Grandpa Dunsmoor passed away a couple of months back. He was ready to go, which was good. He'd been struggling with his health for a while, but within the last year things really started to go downhill, so it's better that he was able to be at home up to the end and not in the hospital or a nursing home and Dad and Carolyn were there to help him get around.
Also, we were going to get another puppy that would have been born on St. Patrick's Day, but the breeder emailed us to let us know that the mama dog was taken to the vet and ended up losing all of her puppies because of a uterine infection. There was nothing that could have been done to prevent it, it just happens from time to time. So, that was something of a bummer, I was looking forward to having more of an excuse to get out and walk more. Still trying to loose a few extra pounds and the basement still isn't finished.
Hope every one's Easter went well!
Oh, and I whacked off my hair again. People never seem to understand why I want to chop off so much of my hair at one time. Well, my neck is starting to hurt and I get headaches more frequently! I have more hair than I need! So, I donate what they chop off to Locks of Love. Someone may as well get some use out of the hair I no longer need. This time they took it off in one ponytail instead of three and my ponytail is at least an inch in diameter just from looking at it. I'm not sure how that measures against a normal ponytail, but that's gotta be ridiculously thick.
No comments:
Post a Comment