Well, I'm actually not sure if I should say already or yet. Our weather has been kinda hectic and erratic that it is hard to tell which season it is exactly. I could do with a little less wind though.
Easter was good, the weather was actually really nice that day. The kids died some Easter eggs a couple of days before and then the Easter bunny hid them Easter morning. They also got buckets of goodies from that wily bunny and a bunch of stuff at Grama's and more egg finding there.
 |
| Waiting for the eggs to be done. |
 |
| Look at it change color. |
 |
| Pulling the eggs out. |
 |
| Keith actually did good and didn't break a one. |
 |
| Found one! |
 |
| Me too! |
 |
| All the grandkids. |
 |
| Looking for eggs. |
 |
| Are there any up here? |
Kaitlyn lost another tooth, finally. That thing was barely hanging on for a while and was cockeyed in her mouth for weeks before she finally pulled one morning. Literally one morning. She came into my room before I was even up and aware of where and who I was, telling me she lost her tooth. I was happy for her once I realized what was going on.
 |
| Look at how crooked it was! |
She also helped me make gnocchi yesterday for dinner and is really good at it, so if anyone needs help making gnocchi I will rent Kaitlyn out to you. She's almost five and can start earning her keep, right?
 |
| Deep in concentration. |
Keith is as busy as ever getting into trouble. I actually have to get up early in the morning to shower, hopefully, before he gets up. This kid has to be watched at all hours of the day. He threw away a whole bunch of asparagus, and just because Maggie and I are the only ones who will eat it (though Kaitlyn seems to be liking it now) doesn't mean Keith has the right to throw it all out. When I got to the scene of the crime there were green bits on the kitchen floor and in the dog's water and all the rest were in the trash. Keith must have been hungry, thought he try them even though he's had them before, spit it out and tossed the rest. Couldn't believe it, even though I know I should.
Another morning, I come downstairs and Keith is putting butter in Maggie's food bowl with my paring knife! How did he get the paring knife? He moved Duke's food container (we use a large plastic dog food container for the dog's food) over to the counter to climb on and grab the knife out of the wood block. He told me Maggie needed butter. WITH MY PARING KNIFE!?! Thankfully no one was hurt. That boy has taken years off my life.
Then he went and did something really cute a couple nights ago. I was getting him into bed and just as I was leaving he asked me if I give Daddy loves (hugs and kisses)? I told him I do. Then he asked if I give Daddy kisses? I said yes. Then he asked if I could give Daddy loves and kisses for him? It was adorable! Its those one little moments that makes all else forgiven.
We had a topper put on the truck. Jordan was a little worried about it, but with only the truck to haul everyone, dogs included, it was the only thing we could do. There isn't enough room in the cab for all six of us and certainly not enough in the car, but now with the topper the dogs can ride back there with a little room to stretch. It looks really good too and the color matches perfectly.
And when I'm not out in the garden, and it feels really good to get out and play in the dirt, I'm sucking crawfish heads with my in-laws. Not really though, but I was invited to go to the annual Crawfish Boil with my father in-law and sister in-laws. It was nice to get out and not have the kids, even for the little bit of meat and all the work that goes into eating the little mudbugs. Grama, bless her, took four of the grandkids for a couple hours and managed to survive. She doesn't care for crawfish all that much.
 |
| Yummy! (Thanks for the pics Carissa) |
Otherwise, I'm trying to get the garden going between the warm, hot, and cold weather that we are having. Hope everyone is getting out to enjoy some weather too!
No comments:
Post a Comment