Monday, August 13, 2012

Look out for the attitude, Keith is 3!

Keith turned three on Friday and oh, my gosh!  The "terrible" two's don't seem to have been so terrible, so far his three's are hellacious!  All week working up to his birthday was.... challenging.  His attitude was getting progressivly worse.  On his birhday, however, it was awful.  Things started out fine, I gave him a hug in the morning, as usual, and told him, "happy birthday!"  He told me the same back, like he does when I tell him thank you.  Then the rest of the day I got to hear, "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!", when ever I told him to stop doing what ever he happened to be doing at the time.  Like, just because it was his birthday he could do and get away with whatever he wanted.  Needless to say he got a few "birthday spankin's"  that day.  Then to top it off, the Leapster2 that Jordan and I got him for his birthday didn't work!  He opened it that night and while trying to get it set up for him to use it the touch screen wouldn't work properly, even after calibrating it.  It was horrible!  So there was a big ado about that.  I'm returning it for a refund and did happen to find a working one at Walmart the next day.
We had mini cupcakes the day of his birthday since the party was the next day.

Keith first thought the Leapster was in the case.  He was a bit dissapointed it wasn't.

Oh, but here it is!

 His party the next day was.... better?  The party itself was better, but the time leading up to it didn't go much better.  We smoked some chickens on the smoker that Jordan and some others from his work had built and it had spent most of the summer at the co-worker's house who spent the most time on it.  This was the first time Jordan had used it.  I'm not sure much more needs to be said about that.  The chickens ended up being finished in the oven and we ate late.  The frosting, that I made, for the cake, that I made, would not stick to the cake and generally tore it up.  I had to go buy new frosting after peeling off the original frosting.  It was insane!

The robot cake that Keith requested with a stance and look on it's face that I probably had all week.

Blowing out candles for a second time!

Keith hugging a book, he really likes books.  Thanks Grandpa & Grandma Dunsmoor and Aunty Sissy.
Keith amongst the aftermath.
All-in-all, the food turned out fine, even the cake.  Keith loved all of his presents, even the clothes which were at first opening tossed over his head as he said, "Clothes!" and moved on to the next present.  Thank you everyone for the gifts, he is still enjoying them.  And I can say with all honesty, I am not looking forward to the teenage years.

No comments: