Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Ok, so as I mentioned in our profile, Jordan and I first met in High School. We had a long distance relationship until we got married pretty much. He went to college, then I went to college. It was rough, but worth it. We were married in June of 2005. What a blur of a day that was.
Our Honeymoon was in Bozeman, MT. We stayed at this really cute B&B, went to a museum there in Bozeman and dropped down into Yellowstone for a day.
Fox Hollow in the B&B we stayed at
Then after a year we moved into our new home in August 2006. It became quite a headache after being told 5 different closing dates, but we were finally able to move in and what a relief. We bought a dog, Duke, to go with the new house and about a month later we found out I was pregnant. The pregnancy was a breeze and the delivery wasn't too bad either.

Duke as a puppy

Duke about 2 years later
So, nine months later on May 22, 2007 we had a healthy baby girl, Kaitlyn. She is an on-the-go-all-the-time little girl ever since she was born. She seemed to be always in a hurry to grow up. She did everything about 3 months early. She rolled over at 2 months, she was army crawling around 4 months, crawling around 6 months, standing at 7 months and walking by herself at 9 1/2 months. She got her first teeth at 4 months, said mama at 2 months for the first time (that was a little freaky), and was generally sleeping through the night at 2 months. She keeps me super busy all the time.
I finally cut my hair about two weeks ago after way too many years and donated about 12 inches of hair to "Locks of Love" who uses it to create real hair wigs for cancer patients.

Jordan just recently bought a new to us truck: Ford F250, 4 door, long box. This thing is a monster, but it does fit a car seat better than the old truck. And now were trying to finish landscaping the yard, looking for another boxer so that Duke isn't so lonely and can be entertained more, and thinking about having another child soon. That's our life so far in a nutshell. Sorry it had to be the short and sweet version, but I should have started doing this a long time ago. Keep checking back we're going to Wichita, KS and I hope I will be able to update daily while I'm there.

No comments: