Ok, ok so not in that way, but my glucose levels are normal. During my last appointment I had to take the 1 hour glucose test. A couple of days later the doctor called me back and said that my glucose levels were slightly elevated. Everything else was normal except for that. So, they wanted me to do the 3 hour glucose test at the hospital. I set up the appointment for that, which entailed me fasting for 12 hours (fortunately my first blood draw was at 8:00 am), having my blood drawn four times over a three hour period, and drinking the wonderful glucose drink one more time. For the record, I think the orange flavored glucose is not as syrupy as the lemon/lime flavored one. I came out of there looking like some drug addict with holes in both arms, extremely hungry and thirsty, and very, very tired. But, on the plus side that test came back normal, so I'm normal. My doctor told me today that there were five other women that did the 1 hour glucose test on the same day and were all slightly elevated. They all did the 3 hour test and came back normal. I'm wondering if someone at the hospital screwed up that day. Very suspicious.
Other than that the appointment today went well and quick. Just another how are you feeling and everything looks good. Though yesterday, I thought the kid was going to put a hole in my belly with his foot he was kicking and pushing so hard.
Kaitlyn had her 2 year appointment yesterday. She is 28 lbs. and 35" (2' 11") tall. I thought she would have been just a little bit heavier. She is still developing faster than I can keep up with and had to get a shot. But, she was happy to get the sucker afterward.
She did have a rather unhappy experience the other day. We had gone down to the storage unit to bring Duke some food and water. Jordan had taken him and ended up there to help move and go through some things. Tyler was there and so was Chelsey with Hannah. Kaitlyn and Hannah were playing in Chelsey's van, Kaitlyn was eating a sucker. Suddenly, Hannah says, "Bug!", Kaitlyn says "Bug!", and then a few seconds later, Kaitlyn is screaming. There was also a yellow jacket or something very similar flying away. Kaitlyn had been stung. Her little hand swelled up some and she was not happy. Though I have to say she seemed to take it pretty well. After a few hours her hand was back to normal, thank heavens. I think the wasp was attracted to her sucker, landing on her sticky little hand and she probably went to swat it away or touch it and it stung her. Fortunately she survived.
Our neighbors moved a couple of days ago. I was sad to see them go, they were good neighbors. We've been lucky so far that the neighbors we had before them were good too, so I'm worried that we're pressing our luck for good neighbors. I'm hoping that who ever moves in next on both sides of us will be good and descent people that we can get along with and will put up with our puppies. I do want to say good luck to Tom and Dorene at their new place, hope everything goes well for you guys.
We have now added two apple trees to the backyard. I'm really hoping that they survive, because you have to have at least two apple trees to pollinate one another to produce fruit. Jordan picked them out. He was really picky about which ones he wanted. The vegetable gardens are doing well, we'll see just how well they do by harvest time, but something of everything that I've planted has sprouted and is growing so far. Unfortunately, I may have to replace several of my rose plants. Only two of them are coming back at this moment. I'm going to wait till next year to replace them because I don't have the energy to do it right now.
Other great news, WE'RE FINALLY GOING TO HAVE A LAWN!!!!! I'm soooooooooo excited!!!!! The sod has been ordered and will be here on Friday and by the end of this weekend I will have grass in the backyard. NO MORE DIRT AND MUD!!!!! I can't hardly wait. It will be awesome!! After three years of living in this house I won't have to deal with the dirt and mud anymore!!
And on that happy note, look forward to the next insallment in 2 weeks, that's when I have another appointment.
2 comments:
Yeah for sod!!!! and I deleted the last comment because I forgot to say: glad you qualified "normal" :>)
Post a Comment