Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th!!

I know that I'm a little slow on getting this out, but life has been a little busy and yet not busy. Don't ask, I don't know how that works, just know that it does.

We had a good Fourth of July. On Friday, we went out to the lake with the family. It was an unfortunately rainy day, but we did get some grilling done and got out on the boat. Kaitlyn didn't mind the boat ride, but she had more fun playing with the little pop up button on the glovebox. She didn't really seem to enjoy having to wear the lifejacket though.

On Saturday, we went to the parade with Carissa, Chelsey, Hannah, Hayden, and Grama. Kaitlyn really liked getting candy, but she wanted to eat every piece she picked up. She didn't like the motorcycles when they went by because it was really loud, or the fire engines. Afterwards we went to Grama and Papa's for a brunch that turned into lunch. It was good, Kaitlyn had three helpings of scrambled egg. We hung out there for a little while then went home for naps. We were going to go watch the fireworks, but Kaitlyn wasn't feeling well so we stayed home. Jordan and I watched from our bedroom while Kaitlyn slept. She has yet to watch the fireworks.
The other night I was eating some chocolate in the kitchen, because I didn't want her to see me eating it. It was really close to her bedtime and she didn't need to be having any. Well, I'm still trying to chew it up and she comes in and asks, "What are you eating Momma?" I told her it was nothing. Well, she was not happy with that answer and tells me, "Open your mouth, let me see!" She was very serious and I just busted up laughing. She kept telling me to open my mouth and that she wanted to see. It was finally dropped, but it was sooooo funny.

No comments: