Sunday, December 6, 2009

Gingerbread House fun!

I made gingerbread houses for the kids to decorate and took them and a bunch of candy to Grama's house to make a mess.  They had fun putting on the frosting and candy and licking the frosting and eating the candy.  I think Hayden is the only one who ate more candy than he put on the house, but the girls ate their fair share too.  I also cut out a santa, tree, and snowman for each of them to decorate as well.  It's getting to be fun now that Kaitlyn is old enough to do stuff like that with.

Kaitlyn also went to play group on Friday and they decorated little foam Christmas trees.  She ended up finishing it at home.  Then, that night Nana had sent her a card that had a little cut out Christmas tree and stickers to decorate it with.  She had fun decorating that one as well.  We put them both in her room on top of her dresser and she thought that was just the coolest thing ever. 

Now I'm sure she's going to want to decorate more things, but I'm not sure what to do.  I'll have to think of something.

I've been so busy baking lately:  gingerbread houses, fruit cake, and I still need to make scones to send out.  I'm also make the kids quilts out of their receiving blakets (thanks for the idea Chelsey).  What's going to be hard about that is I'm going to have to do them at night, or at least Kaitlyn's, so she doesn't see.  I am going to be so glad when the holiday is over.  I'm really looking forward to a couple of days off when Jordan and I take a break together and go over to Rapid City to finish Christmas shopping and relax together without kids.  I can't wait!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! That looks like a lot of fun. I'm so sad I missed out on the gingerbread decorating! Have a great day shopping!