Kaitlyn has finally decided to use the potty all the time. We are even wearing panties now. After a week of being almost completely dry I told Kaitlyn she could were her undies. Today was the first day to wear panties and she did incredibly well. We only had one tiny wetting and that was partially Momma's fault, because we were decorating the tree and I forgot to get her to the bathroom, but she only tinkled a little bit in her undies and then came straight to me and said that she needed to use the potty. I was so proud of her! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that this was how it happened, just suddenly, since she suddenly decided to stop nursing when she was a baby. I'll have to remember that for her it's like a switch when it comes to certain things.
I have absolutely no Christmas shopping done and for some reason I just feel like there's not going to be any time to do it either. I am getting ready to order Christmas cards this weekend, so at least those will be on their way soon and I can get those sent off. Which will be one less thing to worry about. The holidays just seem to get busier and busier and I never know where the time goes.
I have started to implement a dinner menu plan. I plan out our meals for the days between paychecks, since we grocery shop once a paycheck and so far it's going really well. I'm getting to try all the meals that I've been wanting to try, but forget about and I always know what we're having for dinner. Now I don't have to panic when it's suddenly 6 o'clock and I haven't made anything yet. Also, I don't have to hear Jordan complain, because we're eating leftovers again for the third day in a row. I'm still flexible though. If the leftovers are piling up then we have a leftover night and the meal that I was going to make just gets moved to another day. It does seem to make life a little bit easier.
I also need to go through all my seeds for gardening and see what I still have and what I need for next year. I also should remap where things are going to be planted just to keep things from growing in the same place and sucking all the nutrients out of that spot. I'm hoping for a little bit more success next year if I start my seedlings sooner inside. Meaning I'll probably have to start in January or February. It sucks to live in a place with such a short growing season, but I'll figure out how to make it work, it just may take some time.
No comments:
Post a Comment