Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!!

Hope everyone had a great and Happy Valentines Day!!  We had Valentines Day dinner on Saturday.  Jordan was on call all weekend, so we had to eat it when we could.  I made a little surf and turf of T-bone steaks and King crab legs.  We also had mushroom risotto, green salad, and individual apple crisp.  Thanks Mom for the recipe, it's my favorite apple crisp recipe ever.  

Valentine's Day morning we had Pink Strawberry Pancakes.  A little tip for everyone:  Jordan likes to get buy those instant oatmeal packets that are fruit flavored, but will only eat it every so often.  They come in strawberry, peach, blueberry, and banana.  I add a couple of packets to the pancake mix and you instantly have added flavor to the pancakes.  It's pretty good.  We used the strawberry and added a few drops of red food coloring to make them pink.  If we would have had some miniature chocolate chips I would have put some of them in as well, but no such luck.  Kaitlyn really enjoyed their pinkness.  
Jordan had bought Kaitlyn and I boxes of chocolates.  Kaitlyn's was substantially smaller than mine thankfully.  She has enough energy as it is without adding a bunch of sugar.  We just bummed around the house most of the day.  

For dinner we went to Grama and Papa's.  Jordan's uncle, Tim, was in town and came to dinner as well, along with Grandma and Grandpa Jackson.  Grama also had some Valentine's for the grandkids.  I think just the balloons would have been enough enjoyment for all of them, but they also got some candy and small toys as well.  Keith did not get candy though, which is a good thing.  Hannah and Kaitlyn also made some foam Valentine butterflies, which I turned into a magnet and put on the fridge.     

No comments: