Friday, February 12, 2010

We're half way to a year!


Keith has reached the 6 month mark and is doing really well!  He is now 19 pounds and the nurse at the doctors office measured him at 27 inches, but that's what I measured him at last month so I'm not sure if I screwed up or if she did, but I can't imagine that Keith didn't gain any length in the last month.  I measured him and I have him measuring at 28 inches.  Who knows, either way he's still longer than average.  Actually he's just bigger than average all around.  He also had to get shots again and did really well.  He only cried during the second shot and only while getting the shot, after it was done so was he.  I really like that. 

Keith can almost sit without support.  He still gets a little excited at times and will rear back and fall over.  He tries to sit up when he's laying down, Grama gets a kick out of that.  I swear he has better ab muscles than I do right now.  He still loves the jumperoo and sitting up to play.  Though he's almost grown out of the jumperoo so I hope he starts to crawl soon so he can entertain himself.  I don't know what I'm going to do when he can't fit in it anymore. 

He has now tried every single fruit and veggie that he can at this age.  He really likes to eat now.  He eats three meals a day and about four bottles a day as well.  He's a big boy.  He loves to watch everyone else eat and almost has this look on his face that Duke seems to get.  The whole "You know you want to drop some for me" look.  He really looks at our food like he would really like to eat some of it.  He just thinks he's big stuff. 

He loves his big sister.  He thinks she's just the funniest thing in the whole world.  Most of the time just her mere presence is enough to make him laugh.  I actually had to ask her to leave the table the other night so that I could finish feeding Keith without having him choke on his food.  He was just laughing at her and laughing and laughing.  She loves it too, because he is a captivated audience to her antics.  I really hope they get along as they get older. 

Kaitlyn is doing really good.  She was goofing around while eating last night.  Not terribly, but I said to her "Kaitlyn Frances," somewhat jokingly.  She said to me, "I'm not Kaitlyn Frances, I'm Kaitlyn Princess."  She has major self esteem issues.  Obviously.  She still just cracks me up.  If I could just get her to listen to me better.  We're getting there. 

She has her daily ration of fruit snacks and won't let me forget to give them to her either.  She generally starts in the morning when I ask her what she wants for breakfast.  By the afternoon when she's actually allowed to have them she's asked several more times.  She is a fruit snack lovin' girl. 

The rest of us are doing pretty good.  I'm looking forward to warmer weather.  We have days that are all nice and sunny, no wind and it looks like it should be close to 40 degrees at least, but it's actually closer to 10 degrees.  It stinks! 

I've also got a birthday coming up and sadly I miss the days when birthdays were something to really look forward to and anticipate every year.  Not that I'm afraid of getting older, it's just that the spark and excitment of birthdays seems to be waning.  I have other things on my mind and it's almost as if my birthday could pass without fanfare and I wouldn't even notice.  It would become like most other things a feeling of "wasn't I supposed to be doing something?" or "there was something I missed today."  I miss being a kid and just being so filled with birthday anticipation that you just couldn't stand it.  I need to find a way to make birthdays more exciting again. 

Still loving my vacuum and my Sketchers.  Still don't know if I like my Total Gym, because it is STILL IN THE BOX!!  Sorry, a little frustration being vented.  Still loving my kids, even when they don't listen.  And still loving my husband, even if he hasn't PUT MY TOTAL GYM TOGETHER!  Sorry, frustration again. 

No comments: