Happy St. Patrick's Day and may the luck of the Irish be with you (don't even try to get me to pronounce the title)!! Or at least I hope you all had a great St. Paddy's! I would have got this up yesterday but was so busy getting the house cleaned up and dinner made that I had no time and was too worn out to do it last night. Kaitlyn and I made green shamrock pancakes yesterday morning with lime flavor. No, we did not put syrup on them, but the limeade that I added to the batter was really good. Of course there were green sugar sprinkles too. I was able to get a picture of the pancakes but never remembered to get pictures of the kids in their green.
Kaitlyn didn't want to wear the only green shirt she owns. I think because she didn't pick it out. Of course she didn't care what shirt she was wearing shortly after she was all done getting dressed. Keith really didn't put up much of a fight or really seemed to care what he was wearing. Although, he would have been just fine if I hadn't put any clothes on him at all.
Tyler was over and put more shelves in my pantry. (Thank you so much Tyler. I love them!!) Fortunately he didn't get in the way of my dinner making or preparing for dinner making. We had the St. Patrick's Day parade on the TV the whole morning. Aparently this was the 249th parade this year. Crazy! We also listened to Irish music/folk songs to get us in the mood.
Of course, for dinner I made corned beef and cabbage (although corned beef is more of an American dish, either way it's still good). I even corned my own beef. We also had Irish soda bread, a "Lucky Leprechaun Lime Punch", fennel and celery salad (not Irish I know but we needed something to lighten the meal), homemade horseradish (Jordan accidentally got horseradish root instead of celery root one day) and a horseradish mustard. For dessert was an oatmeal cream called Donegal. It's made with steel cut oats instead of the flattened ones. I even liked it and I don't eat oatmeal for breakfast.
We shared our feast with family and friends as is only right. The kids even seemed to enjoy it which was good. Thanks to all that came over to eat and celebrate! For those who could not make it, we missed your company and hope that you can come next year. Remember, even if you don't have any Irish blood running through your veins, everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day!
Here's a website for those who may want to learn more about the patron Saint of Ireland: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day! Quintin doesn't care for the corned beef. So we had pork loin. Then I found out he doesn't like cabbage, so I added sauerkraut, well he doesn't like that either. Oh, well what do you do? Next year I'll have to make my way up there for some of your corned beef!
Post a Comment