So, we have been so busy here lately that I haven't had a chance to post what's been going on. To start: Carissa graduated from college with her Bacchelors in education. YEAH CARISSA!!! We did go down and watch her walk in some pretty pink shoes. Stunning! It was good. We got to see family and the kids had a chance to play and even swim. Jordan went to the pool with Kaitlyn, this is probably the first time he's been swimming since we started dating, 10 years. We were glad that we could make it down. Sorry, I didn't get any pictures, the camera was with us, but we kept forgetting about it.
This past Tuesday, Dad and Carolyn were finally able to make it up to see us. We were so glad to have them here. They got to meet Keith for the first time and he got to meet them and the four dogs. We celebrated Dad's 50th Birthday. It was a bit of a surprise since his birthday is in October, but they didn't get a chance to celebrate then since they were too busy at the time. They brought Kaitlyn her birthday presents, of which she was allowed to open since they wanted to watch her open them. Each day she got something: a Hoop-a-loop (hula hoop for those of you who don't have the privilege of watching Special Agent Oso every morning); purple measuring cups, spoons, and rubber spatula; a beach party Ken doll (she had a lot of Barbies, but no Ken); and, Chutes and Ladders (I'm glad to have something different just to mix things up a bit). Kaitlyn got to paint and color and play with four little fluffy dogs. She was in heaven. Plus she just had to make pancakes. She came into my room the day after getting the measuring cups, "Momma I want to make pancakes!" "In a little bit, Momma's sleeping" A little while later, "Momma I'm hungry, let's make pancakes!" "Later Kaitlyn." And on it went until I got up. We drove around town and showed off all the new things in Gillette. Mostly, we stayed in the house because the weather was a little yucky, and by yucky I mean it snowed. They were only able to stay for a few days and by Friday they had left, but it was still a really good visit and we were happy that they came. Thanks Dad and Carolyn, hopefully it won't be so long next time.
I have lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks with working out on the Total Gym, so it's been worth the money so far.
This weekend we were finally able to get out and do some work in the yard. I tilled in the gardens and got a few seeds in. We also laid out some landscaping bricks in the backyard to border the garden area and where we're going to lay some rock by the A/C and gate. It looks really good, now we just need some rock. I also need to get some bricks for around the apple trees. Jordan also laid some grass seed in the backyard, fescue, to hopefully fill in some of the bare patches left by Duke. He also fertilized the front yard and sprayed the weeds in the rock by the driveway with weed killer.
Now we're getting ready for Kaitlyn's birthday this weekend. I have to say that I'll be ready for a little bit of a break after its all over. This has been an extremely busy month and its only half way over.
Nana sent some Gator gear, I thought I had a picture of his jacket too, but I can't seem to find it.
No comments:
Post a Comment