Monday, October 11, 2010

Halloween Lanterns

So there has been a request for instructions on how to make the Halloween lanterns that Kaitlyn and I made.  I saw this in my most recent Taste of Home. 


(click to enlarge photo, then zoom in)

Here are a few tips too.  They used jars with straight sides, so you can get away with using straight strips of paper, however, if you're using rounded jars or vases like I did you'll have to do something a little different.  I found a website that has a pattern for felt pumpkin pillows.  I was really looking for a pumpkin leaf pattern, which they do have, but also found a pattern for cutting strips that would fit a round shape better.  If you go to http://www.aokcorral.com/projects/how2sept2005.htm you can print off patterns for the pumpkins and the leaves.  I also printed off the faces from http://www.tasteofhome.com/lantern because I'm not that creative.  There are several faces to choose from or mix-and-match eyes and mouths that you like.  I used black tissue paper for the faces.  Good luck to all those who try!

No comments: