Well our 4th was pretty low key. We didn't do anything, except grill and Jordan and I watched fireworks from our room. The kids passed out before the fireworks started. We didn't even go to the parade this year because poor Kaitlyn was back and forth to the bathroom all morning. She's fine now, but it made for a miserable morning. We were all wiped out from the busy weekend too. Over the weekend, starting Friday, we travelled up into the Big Horns for the first of three family reunions. This one was more of an all encompassing Sessions family reunion, the next will be more of an immediate family Sessions reunion.
It was a very busy and quick weekend. We drove up Friday, much later than intended, set up camp and slept. Woke up Saturday ate breakfast and crammed into two vehicles, then drove three hours to the site where everyone was meeting. Stayed later than intended again, drove three hours back, ate, and slept. Got up Sunday morning, hung around for a while, walked down from camp to a waterfall, then drove around on the 4-wheelers a bit, packed up and drove home. It was a very busy weekend and we were all bushed when we got home, but it sure felt good to get a shower!
 |
| Jordan, his Grandpa, Duke, and Keith |
 |
| Chelsey, Carissa carrying Parker, Hannah, and Kaitlyn |
 |
| Sophie (cousin) and Keith |
 |
| Jordan, Duke, and I |
 |
| Carissa and I at the waterfall |
 |
| Upper part of the fall |
 |
| Lower part of the fall |
It was nice to spend time with family and we saw a lot of interesting wildlife. We saw two moose, a bull and a cow; four sandhill cranes; three skunks having a frenzy on the side of the road, fortunately we were in a vehicle and they were not in the road; several marmots, one of which was eating a dead one; and, either a Shrike or maybe a Clark's Nutcracker, I'm not sure, but two of them kept coming into camp totally unconcerned about the people standing feet away.
Tyler and Cami also brought their horses up and the kids had a great time with them. Duke also wanted to play with the horses, but we thought it best that he didn't.
 |
| Kailtyn riding Cami's horse, Pistol (Kaitlyn thinks his name should be Pickles) |
 |
| Keith and I on Tyler's horse, Marshmallow |
Other exciting news: my sister had her baby on June 24th! His name is Anthony after our late grandfather and of course I can't remember his stats right now, but he was born healthy and crying. Congratulations Sis!!
Also our puppy was born on June 30th and we should be able to bring her home at the end of August some time. If you look on the breeders website
http://www.juelsrockymountainboerboels.com/index.html they have pictures of the puppies under "Puppies Available". The mom is Allie and the dad is Baldur.
I better go now though, I'm being told by Kaitlyn that we need to go outside and garden. This sudden extreme heat wave has caused a lot of my veggies to bolt, so, cross your fingers, I'm going to try to plant again. Hopefully it's not too late, a lot of them are quick to grow: radishes, mustard greens, pac choi, etc.
1 comment:
Those puppies sure are cute! How exciting! Congratulations!
Post a Comment