There's nothing like spending four days in the mountains to make you really appreciate having a nice hot shower in the morning. We had another Sessions reunion on July 16th up in the Big Horn Mountains, again. This one was a little more relaxing than the last, no driving around, just hanging out. We rode around and saw some country and stopped to fish here and there. The kids spent their time hanging out with Grama and G.G. at camp which they loved. Keith just loves being outside, I'm sure he would live outside if I moved his room to the backyard.
 |
| What kid doesn't love throwing things in the water? |
 |
| Kaitlyn fell asleep while Grama was taking the kids for a 4-wheeler ride. |
 |
| Keith looking too cool in Kaitlyn's Tinkerbell shades. |
 |
| Family hanging out by the campfire. |
 |
| Papa and Keith eating do-it-yourself ice cream. |
We saw some wildlife, of course: a three-toed woodpecker, which "jumped" our right in front of Jordan and I not five feet away from us; a cow moose, fortunately she was a youngster so no babies; and the bats, they were awesome. We had an aerial show every night. They would swoop in eating mosquitoes, gnats and these huge beetles that would smack into you if you weren't paying attention. I was very happy to see them eat the beetles, not that I don't like bugs I'm just not a fan of an inch and a half long beetle smacking into me. Not pleasant. I couldn't get a picture of the bats unfortunately and of course my camera wasn't on me when we saw the moose. Isn't it always the way?
 |
| There were a lot of little ponds covered with water lillies in bloom. |
 |
| The pond we had luck fishing. Notice the snow still on the peaks. |
 |
| Indian Paintbrush, Wyoming's state flower. |
The fishing was good and fresh caught fish always tastes better. Kaitlyn even caught her first fish, a trout, can't remember what type. It was about five to six inches long. Catch and release for her, but she was even brave enough to release it herself after Daddy took it off the hook. She was so excited!
She almost had another one but it came off the hook before she could reel it all the way in.
 |
| Kaitlyn reeling in her catch and Cami entertaining Keith |
 |
| Kaitlyn and Daddy so proud of her catch, the fish is in Jordan's hand. Tyler in the back |
 |
| Kaitlyn ready to release her catch. She wasn't even grossed out or afraid. |
After four grimmy, gritty days in the mountain we got to come home and shower. Those are the times where I wish we had a hot water-on-demand water heater. I'll say it again, I LOVE INDOOR PLUMBING!!!
Jordan also had a birthday before we left for camping, only one more year before he's the big 30! He's so excited. Ok, so that's a little bit of a lie, but we'll pretend that he is.
Oh, and just to let everyone know, one of the female puppies died, so we are now going to get a puppy from Sarah's litter. Which happened to have been born yesterday, we are waiting to see if we'll be able to have one of these puppies, because she is expecting to lose some. I'm starting to feel as though we've been jinxed or maybe we're not supposed to have another dog right now. I'm hoping it's more along the lines of "third time's a charm". I guess we'll have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment