| So mellow! |
We went down to Casper on Friday and picked her up on Saturday. Her name is Maggie, she is a Boerboel, aka South African Mastiff. This breed was bred to protect home and family from lions. Full grown she should be about 120 lbs and between 32-34 inches tall, so no taller than Duke but much stalkier. If she's anything like her grama she'll be big for a female. She was the largest female in the litter weighing in at 12 lbs and only 7 weeks old. This is as of last Friday. The next largest female weighed 9 lbs. She is fawn with a black muzzle, very little white, but brindle markings on her hind legs and toes of the front legs.
| Sleeping all the time, usually she's on her back asleep |
Duke was very excited to meet her, but now doesn't seem sure as to what to do. He tries to keep his distance from her, I think because he knows she's a puppy and doesn't want to do something that will get him in trouble. I'm sure when she's bigger (she should be as big as Duke at 6 months!) they'll play and get along better. I hope.
The kids love her they run around and let her chase them. Though Keith has some learning to do about getting on the floor with a puppy. He's been scratched by her a few times already. Fortunately, she really doesn't bite hard, though it still hurts when she does since she has little, sharp puppy teeth.
She is signed up for puppy class, starting at the end of the month. This will be a good refresher for Jordan and I and good for Kaitlyn. We thought we'd bring Kailtyn along so she can learn all about training the new puppy. Keith will have to go to Grama's, I just don't think he would be able to cooperate and pay attention. Plus, there will be all sorts of other puppies there, too much distraction.
Kaitlyn is back in Preschool now and is loving it. I never had a problem getting her to go, the first few days she reminded me to come pick her up after a while. I reassured her that I would and away she went.
| Kaitlyn on the first day of school. Love the boots! |
Keith has been acting 2 in every way possible. Though some of it may be his second set of molars trying to come in. The whining and crying and ATTITUDE. Though he has been very polite through most of it. Such a funny little guy!
I thought I'd share this photo of a moth that I found, unfortunately dead, in the back yard. The black and white wings contrasted with the orange body is just beautiful. Sorry to anyone who's not much for bugs, but I'm some what of a science geek and can find insects to be beautiful. I've never seen a moth quite like it.
| I think it's a Nuttall's Sheepmoth. |
No comments:
Post a Comment