Thursday, March 5, 2009

Another appointment


This appointment was the quickest of them all. They checked the babies heartrate. It's good at 150 bpm. Then I got to chat with the doctor, though not for long, because she said I don't have enough complaints. Not that it's a bad thing, just then there's nothing to talk about. Oh, I did find out I have to have the Rhogam shot again, in the butt in case y'all didn't know. So, I'm really looking forward to that appointment. My next appointment is on March 30 and there will be lots to say then, because I have the full ultrasound and find out whether it's a girl or boy, so anyone who still hasn't voted on what it will be, you still have a little time.

There's the baby bump.


Kaitlyn's doing good. Potty training seems to be off and on. She's going through a phase of disinterest and she got tired of M&Ms, so we had to switch to leftover sweetart hearts. Plus, she doesn't seem to want to poop in the potty anymore. I don't know.

I discovered that she can now just about count to 20, rather haphazardly. We were going back-and-forth counting to 10 and I thought I'd say 11 just for fun. I was a little shocked when she said 12. So we went back-and-forth to 20. She wasn't sure about a few of the numbers, but she was really close. So, we're going to work on our ABCs before she's able to count to 100.

I was so excited today to see some of my tulips popping up out of the mulch. Hopefully spring isn't too far behind. I'm getting cabin fever and am so ready for spring and to be able to work in the dirt again.

The puppies had to go to the vet today as well. Everything is the same with Duke, he just needed shots updated. Ellie on the other hand, she has a tumor that needs to be removed from her right rear leg. Currently it's nothing to worry about, but if it's let go for like years he said, then it can start to spread to organs. So we have to set up an appointment to remove it sometime in the next three months. Also, she's now on medication for her weak bladder. Since we adopted her, every now-and-then she would drip while napping. Then when she woke up it would almost be a reaction of embarrassment. The vet said that happens sometimes with spayed females. How we ended up with two dogs with such medical problems I don't know. We still love 'em though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very excited to see this belly of yours! And yeah for Kaitlyn and counting so high! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!