Yes, Kaitlyn will be 2 years old at 6:15 tonight. Her party is going to be tomorrow, but Jordan and I set up her play kitchen last night and had it sitting out for her to see this morning. We got up like we do and used the potty. She comes downstairs asking for some hearts (she gets a couple sweetart hearts when she uses the potty). She hasn't noticed the kitchen yet. She goes running into the living room pointing at the TV and saying "Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mouse, wanna watch Mickey Mouse." She still has not noticed the kitchen. She realizes that her clipos are no longer on the floor (I had set them ontop of the kitchen to get them out of the way), she says dissapointedly "my clipos, my clipos." She still hasn't noticed that what the clipos are sitting on are a new kitchen toy. Finally, I said, "Well, what are the clipos sitting on?" She looks down a little and gets this huge smile on her face and backs up to the couch just in awe of what she's looking at. By this time I've sat down on the floor and she comes running over giving me a very big hug and that huge smile. For a fair amount of time she is just standing back and looking at it smiling and giving me hugs. It was sooooooo cute. Finally she goes over to investigate it. She played with it for a half hour without asking for the TV to be on. I wish I could have had someone recording the whole episode, because man was it cute.
I made her some eggs and birthday pancakes that had cinnamon applesauce and sprinkles. I even put two candles in the pancake for her to blow out. She was pretty excited about that too. She even got a little too close when blowing them out that she singed her eyebrows and eyelashes a little bit. Fortunately not enough to really notice.
I've been busy making cake. Actually I need to go frost it while she's napping. Stay tuned for more birthday fun. Grama and Papa are coming over tonight, so there will be more for today I'm sure.
They did make it over tonight and even brought Hannah with them, along with presents and KFC. We ate, the girls had a cupcake after dinner too. Then Kaitlyn opened presents with the help of Hannah. She got a shovel and pail with a watering can, a swimming suit and sandals, some cute clothes, a necklace that Hannah made, and a water wheel table. The last item will be outside for sure. The girls had fun playing....and fighting. You'd think they were sisters sometimes.
Kaitlyn seemed to have a good birthday and I finished as much as I could on the lion cake for the party tomorrow, all that's left is the chocolate curls mane. Time for sleep, so I can be ready for the party.
2 comments:
Looks like fun! Wish we could have made it, one of these years!
See I'm not the only one that lets her singe her eyebrows! :)
Post a Comment