It's hard to believe that three months have already passed since Keith was born, but now he's 13 lbs. 14 oz. and 25 1/4 inches long. He babbles a lot and seems to have forgotten that he can roll over, but his sister was the same way. It's like the brain has to process what's its doing, like his body got ahead of his brain. He has figured out how to reach and grab, and is also discovering that he can put what he's grabbed into his mouth. He keeps one hand on his bottle and if, when he's hungry, he loses sight of his bottle he gets a little upset.
He likes to play with his toys and hates to be left in his chair or on the floor if he can't play or see someone. After a while he does get tired of playing by himself. He loves to smile and tries to giggle, with a little success at times. There was one time where he giggled while he was napping and almost woke himself up. It was so funny.
Kaitlyn is doing good. She seems to have adjusted pretty well to being a big sister. She likes to give Keith hugs and kisses a lot, especially before going to bed. She'll talk to him at times and wants to help with him as much as she can.
We did get to go to the park the other day, the three kids and I (I tend to consider Duke to be one of the kids, because he acts like one). It was a beautiful day. Kaitlyn got to slide for a while, then we let Duke run around on the baseball field. Then Kaitlyn decided that she wanted to go see "Daddy's geese". She seems to think that all of the geese are Jordan's now that it's hunting season. So, we went down to the pond to watch the geese, though I think Kaitlyn was more interested in throwing leaves into the pond than watching geese. I just wish I had thought to pack our lunch, we could have picniced down by the pond. Then of course the next day was a little too chilly to go to the park, so no picnic.
Jordan is working and hunting and hunting and working. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it seems like the more kids we have the less we get to see him and the less he wants to go out and do things with us. But, he has been bringing home quite a bit of meat this year, so I can't complain too much. He also still has a job, which is also a blessing. Beggers can't be choosers, right.
I have been trying to balance my time between all my kids and the house and I'm usually left with very little for myself. My pile of books to read is starting to stack up again and I haven't even been able to think about scrapbooking yet. I feel like I'm just so far behind on my own personal stuff that I'll never be able to catch up. That includes sleep too sometimes.
I had to take a picture of him in this outfit. These were actually taken a couple of days ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment