Thursday, February 4, 2010

To Casper and back

This past weekend we took a little trip down to Casper to see Grandma and Grandpa Sessions.  We were a little overdue for a visit.  It had been close to a year since we were down in Casper.  Yikes!  I know, but we had seen Grandma and Grandpa a few times during that year, just not in Casper. 

It was good to see them and little Dakota too.  Kaitlyn had a lot of fun chasing him around and saying, "It's ok 'Kota, I just want to pet you."  She also got to stay up late every night and ate more junk than she should have.  Gigi even bought her some Minnie jammies for her.  Of course she had to wear them that very night.  Of course we forgot to take the camera, so sorry no pics.

Keith did really good too.  He was stuck in his car seat most of the weekend and didn't complain too much.  He even slept in the crib that Grandma has, Kaitlyn never would.  He slept all the way down to Casper and all the way back when we came home.  He's a pretty good kid.

My exciting purchase of the weekend, we did some shopping of course but we didn't go crazy, was a pair of the Skechers Shape Ups.  I bought them to work in conjunction with the Total Gym that I got for Christmas.  However, the Total Gym isn't working out so well, since IT HASN'T BEEN TAKEN OUT OF THE BOX YET!!!!  I have a feeling it will be next Christmas before I get to use it.  There are some issues with setting it up obviously which aren't helping me to get back in shape.  Anyway, got the Shape Ups and they are AWESOME!!!  I would recommend these shoes for anyone.  It's a lot like walking in sand.  These shoes would be great for anyone who has to stand all day or most of the day.  Having only worn them for a few days I can't say that I've seen a whole lot of toning yet, but I did notice that my lower back doesn't hurt when I hold Keith for any extended period of time.  That alone makes them worth it.  You feel like you could just stand all day.  The store we were in was a little limited on colors and styles, but I went online to the skechers website and they have a ton of styles and colors.  I'm really wanting to get a pair of Shape Ups that just slip on and a pair of the Tone Ups which are the sandals that are supposed to do the same thing as the shoes.  They are a little pricey, but I can tell you they are well worth it.  My only complaint right now is that they are still too new looking.  I don't really like the bright, fresh clean look on my shoes it actually makes me a little self conscious about my feet.  I just need to get them a little dirty and they'll be perfect.  I really wish I had a pair when I was pregnant.

Well that's my plug for the new Skechers Shape Ups, hope it helps anyone who was thinking of getting a pair. 

Also, for anyone who wants to come Keith is being blessed this Sunday during 2nd ward at the new Church.  It starts at 11:00 am. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those shape ups sound fantastic! I'll have to try a pair! And we most certainly will be there this weekend! And we get to stay until Monday! Wahoo!