Sunday, May 23, 2010

Kaitlyn is now 3!

It's amazing to think that Kaitlyn is now 3.  Well, it's hard to believe how much time has past, period.  Yesterday morning Jordan made chocolate "chipmunk" pancakes for breakfast.  Kaitlyn also got to open one of her presents in the morning.  She opened the Kidizoom Camera that Jordan and I got her.  She was taking pictures all day long.  Let me reiterate, all day long.  She took 374 of 400 that the camera holds.  I will have a running slideshow of some of the better pictures, Kaitlyn's Photo Gallery.  It's only a 2 or 3 megapixel camera, but some of the photos came out really well.  A vast majority of them are either really blurred or of something like the floor, ceiling, finger, etc.  She does have a photo album that she got for Christmas that we'll fill with some of her photos.  I'll just print them off myself. 

We had a nice little get together with family yesterday:  Grama and Papa; Brian, Chelsey, Hannah (of course), and Hayden; Tyler and Cami; Grandpa and Grandma Jackson.  We ate burgers and hotdogs, pasta and potato salad, pink punch and of course the piece de resistance........the purple castle cake with ice cream.  Kaitlyn was really excited to see the cake come together, she kept telling me that Hannah was going to love it.  I was glad to hear that but really wanted to know what she thought about it.  She really liked it too and even helped with the sprinkles on the ice cream cone towers.  I didn't realize I would have to become a master mason to put together a cake like this, but apparently it would have helped.  Still it came out great. 

The weather was decent enough that we grilled the burgers and hotdogs and the kids played outside for a little bit.  They played outside so much that they almost didn't want cake, almost. 

She got more presents than she needed, as always.  From Hannah she got a Beach Barbie with her own little carrying bag.  Chelsey, Bryan, Hannah, and Hayden also got her a frog shaped magna doodle.  Aunt Sissy got her the Mr. Potato head from Toy Story, though I have to say I was a little disappointed that he didn't come with angry eyes, she loved it.  Nana got her a cute little ladybug figurine, she asked to have it put on her shelf in her room to where she could see it from bed.  Grandpa and Grandma Jackson gave her $10, I'm sure she'll have no problem finding something to spend it on.  Jordan, Keith and I also gave her a Toy Story Color Wonder coloring book and Ice Age movie.  Grama and Papa gave her a bunch of clothes and a Mud Pie Makin' Station, it has a mixer and working sink on it.  It's really cute.  Of course she also received several presents from Grandpa and Grandma Dunsmoor when they were here (2 hoop-a-loops, Chutes and Ladders, purple measuring cups and spoons, and Beach Party Ken who currently seems to have a problem with keeping his clothes on).  



Thank you to everyone who came and thank you for all of the gifts whether you got to bring them or could only send them.  Kaitlyn has loved every one.  Also thank you Anne and Nana for calling to wish Kaitlyn a Happy Birthday, I'm sorry she didn't want to talk though.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! I had her gift ready when you guys were down here, I should've just sent it with you. Oh well...she'll get to open more presents when we come up! :) The cake looks amazing! I'll have to hire you out for my kids' birthday parties :)

DMLovoi said...

Just to let you know dont expect her barbies to keep there cloths on for a few years hope 3 and faith 5 have the same problem with the whole cloths thing hope that she had a good time thought happy birthday Kaitlyn