Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's Halloween Time!

I have some updating to do.  It seems like every time I remember to update the blog, I forget before I can get to the computer.  Then something else happens or is coming up and I think I'll just wait for whatever it is and update then.  It's a vicious cycle.  Anyhoo....

Jordan came back from an unsuccessful hunt for him, but we "won" in the end.  Jordan didn't shoot anything this year and found very few chances to do so.  However, Tyler and Bryan both got an elk and were nice enough to leave them in our freezer.  So, even though Jordan didn't bring one home we still ended up with some meat.  Yes, Mom, meat.

While the boys were gone, the girls threw a baby shower for Carissa and the upcoming bundle of joy.  It was good, lots of good food and good company.  What more could you ask for?

Kaitlyn is still loving preschool.  Everyday she asks if she has school that day.  I can either tell her yes or no.  If the answer is no she wants to know when she does have school.  Well, yesterday when she asked I told her, "Daddy is going to be home for two days, there's also Halloween, and then on Monday, when Daddy goes back to work, you have school."  So this morning she asked again if she had school today.  I told her not today, not until Daddy goes back to work.  She immediately turns to Jordan and tells him, "Daddy you need to go to work, so I can go to school."  It was so cute and funny.  Twice she ended up telling him that this morning.  They also had a Halloween party at school earlier this week.  She loved it, she dressed up in her costume and received a goody bag. 

We carved pumpkins at Grama and Papa's last Sunday, and then Kaitlyn and I carved pumkins at home yesterday.  I have to say that carving three pumpkins in a row is a lot of work, especially since Kaitlyn didn't want to reach in and grab the slimy pumpkin "guts".  All-in-all they turned out pretty good.
Pumpkins carved at Grama and Papa's


Pumpkins carved at home
 Jordan and I took the kids through the hay bale maze that someone had put together next to the rec center.  It was smaller than I had thought but Kaitlyn seemed to like it.  She was the leader and chose which way to go.  It was cute watching her decide which way to go.  It didn't take very long but they did a good job of making you think you were almost out and then taking you back toward the center before finally making it to the exit.

We also took the kids to Trunk-or-Treat at the church.  There was food and a little carnival.  Kaitlyn got to to throw rope and she was really excited to do it.  Then everyone went outside and went from vehicle to vehicle and trick-or-treated.  Kaitlyn and Hannah really hauled in the candy.

Say Cheese!

Using the marshmallow gun

Get that doggie Cowgirl!!

Making eyeballs

All done, time to help Grama
Tomorrow we'll be going over to Grama and Papa's to do more trick-or-treating and just hang out.  Now it's time for caramel apples. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad that I miss out on the caramel apples! Looks like the kiddos had lots of fun. I almost started crying because I miss being up there already and miss all the festivities. :( Keith looks SO much older with his new haircut. Quintin says he's not a little boy anymore. Have a great Halloween!