I can't believe how quickly October flew by, before I knew it Halloween was upon us. Kaitlyn was really excited for Halloween this year and knew what she wanted to be at the beginning of the month. Keith, of course, had no real clue what was going on and didn't really care.
Grama brought the kids a couple of decorate-it-with-stickers treat buckets from McDonalds. The kids really liked them. Then we used the leftover stickers to decorate our mini pumpkins.
We decorated pumpkins the week of, Kaitlyn knew what she wanted to do with the pumpkins too. She drew a face for on on a piece of paper and then Daddy cut it out after transfering her drawing onto it. Then we had the puppy face pumpkin pieces that we poked into the other one. I put a few "spots" on the puppy so we could use the pumpkin lights that I bought (no candles, much safer and more fun according to the kids). Then I found a collar and leash for the "dog" and our face pumpkin took the dog pumpkin for a walk.
 |
The first initial "eww gross!" reaction.
That's one of the plastic bag ghosts we made above Keith. |
 |
Then, Kaitlyn got over it and dug right in.
Keith still wanted to use the spoon. |
 |
| Carving pumpkins |
 |
| Kaitlyn and her creation, silly Keith. |
 |
| Walking the dog. |
The kids decorated a couple more pumpkins at Grama and Papa's with very large Potato Head pieces and of course I forgot to get a picture. Kaitlyn's was a princess and Keith's was a pirate. We had also made a bunch of decorations during the week: plastic bag ghosts, bead and pipe cleaner spiders, and paper bats. Kaitlyn loved it. Keith didn't seem to care and did other things.
We went to the Trunk-or-treat at the church on Saturday. They do a dinner and a little carnival before going outside and trunk-or-treating. The kids really like it and who doesn't love more candy!
 |
Keith - Scooby, Hayden - Scarecrow, Hannah - Dorothy
Kaitlyn - Witch, Heidi - Witch |
 |
| Keith shooting cups with a marshmallow gun with Papa |
 |
| Kaitlyn and Keith with Grama playing another game. |
Halloween we went to Grama and Papa's again, I brought caramel apples, two kids and a dog. Keith didn't want to wear his costume and he also didn't want to go trick-or-treating. Of course, I forgot my camera with all the other stuff I brought, so I didn't get pictures while I was there.
Took the kids, minus Keith, out to collect their treats and the weather was pretty nice until we were half way through and then the wind instantly picked up and it became colder. That didn't stop Kaitlyn though. We were walking back toward Grama's house and Daddy was walking toward us with Duke and Kaitlyn wanted to keep going. So we took her and the dogs out for more in the wind and cold. Finally we had to tell Kaitlyn that was enough and we should go back to Grama's. She was a real trooper. It was one more house, let's go to that house. She really loves Halloween.
1 comment:
Cute pictures! I want to come do fun holiday stuff with you! I look forward to Parker getting older and being able to do more with him. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment