Today we colored Easter eggs for the first time. Kaitlyn did surprisingly well and not much of the food coloring ended up any where else but on the eggs. I actually wasn't going to color Easter eggs this year, I thought that we'd give it one more year, but Jordan thought we should. I'm glad that we did. Kaitlyn really seemed to enjoy it. Plus only one egg ended up on the floor, I can now appreciate why they are hard boiled before they're colored.
In other news, Kaitlyn's sentences are becoming longer and more complex. She's now starting to add the little words that used to get left out like "the" and "a". She also counted all of the slate panels that are in our dining room table bench. There are 13 of them and she counted them by herself. We're still working on counting to 20 by herself and our ABCs.
She also just seems to understand more and more every day. She now realizes that there is a baby in Momma's belly and has even kissed the "baby" (my belly) a few times. She'll even tell me that the baby needs to come out, to which I tell her that there are still a few more months left to go before the baby comes out. I'm really hoping that she'll be more helpful when the baby gets here than jealous. I guess we'll see.
Ellie had a successful surgery today. She was gone for the better part of the day and poor Duke just layed around all day long. She had a mass on her right rear leg that was probably just a little bigger than a marble. We'll get the results back in a couple of weeks as to what it was. Ellie has slept since she's been home and still seems to be a little out of it. She has five stitches where the lump was and gets them removed in 2 weeks. If I had a smaller pair of scissors I would do it myself. What's crazy is the price, it was $350.00 to remove a small lump! But I guess prevention is better than dealing with it if it ever became cancer. Duke was really good with her too when she came home. I was afraid he'd want to try and play with her, but he just gave her some kisses and let her sleep. I guess they just know.
1 comment:
Cute pictures! Wish I could've been there. I dyed easter eggs with brittany and bryleigh at grandmas.
Post a Comment