Tuesday, April 28, 2009

They just keep coming.

25 weeks

Well, surprise, surprise, another appointment come and gone. Things are still going well. They checked the heartrate, 145 bpm, and all of the other regular things. I talked to her about the trip to Wichita, which she said there should be no problem. I have another appointment in 3 weeks, right after we get back. I get to drink the glucose and have my blood drawn for gestational diabetes test. Yeah!! The drink is not the greatest, though it is better than drinking that radioactive junk.

I do have to say I am a little worried that I've created another monster. I think this little boy moves around more than Kaitlyn did. If movement in the womb has any indication about activity after birth, then I'm in trouble.

Updates: Ellie managed to lick a stitch out after just a couple of days post surgery. We took her in to have it looked at, because the wounding was gaping open a little bit, but the vet said it's no big problem. Yesterday, she had the rest of the stitches removed. She also had to have her blood tested for heartworm, so we can start her on the heartworm prevention medication. She did test negative, thankfully.

Kaitlyn had a 104 degree fever a couple of weeks ago, we took her into the ER because I couldn't give her anymore medication yet. The ER doctor basically made me feel like I was wasting his time, after we sat in the ER for 5 hours. They couldn't find anything wrong with her, checked her ears and swabbed her throat, making her puke on me (we need to work on her aim). The doctor said they really don't worry about 104 fever in small kids, because of their immature brains. WHAT!?!?!?! Well, SIR, if you don't mind I'll worry about OK. They just pumped her with tylenol and motrin, the fever went down and within a couple of days she was back to her normal self. She had no other symptoms that's what was weird.

Last night she did something really funny. She had been wearing her flip-flops around the house all day. Well, she was trying to get one of them on while holding onto the bookcase in the kitchen. Of course it was just a little out of her legs reach and she's stretched out saying "crap, crap, crap, crap." I had to turn away and laugh. The look on her face and the fact that she's all streched, it was too funny.

Jordan has been home for the past couple of days fighting a cold or the flu or something. He's got a fever and has been achy. I just hope that the rest of us don't end up with it, because we're going to Wichita in just a couple of weeks for Sis's Graduation/Wedding. I don't need to be sick or Kaitlyn either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're looking SO cute! When are you going to Kansas? Poor Kaitlyn when mom called and told me about it, I cried. SO i wanna talk to that doctor..IMMEDIATELY!